Nuffnang

Friday, April 13, 2012

Worm Potpurri

I wish I had room on my balcony for a worm farm. But alas there is only so much you can do with 20 square metres!
The next best thing is to adopt some worms. My friend Aymeric has a colony of very happy worms on his balcony two floors above me. And all they need is lots of organic green waste - and that's something I have in bag-fulls.
So every week or so I deliver a bag of delicious worm 'potpurri' for Aymeric's worms and in return he gives me their worm juice to feed my plants. Worm juice is a wonderful nutrient-rich fertiliser that worms produce as a by-product of their metabolism. It's so much better than the synthetic fertilisers on the market.
So even in an apartment block we've managed to create our little own biodynamic cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment